Saturday, October 10, 2009

Me, Zac Efron and Orson Welles: 'Me and Orson Welles' Trailer Review


I like Zac Efron. There I said it. Yup, I like him in it all, Hairspray, 17 Again and even High School Musical. The guy is entertaining. I have even said if given the right role Efron could be the next Johnny Depp or Tom Cruise.


Efron been involved in the planning stages of remakes such as Teen Wolf and Footloose. I'm not sold on the idea of Efron taking on remakes, I think his place is sinking his teeth into a solid original script.

Now I know that is a bold statement but I stick to it especially after seeing the new trailer for Me and Orson Welles. However, it's not strictly Efron's movie, the film so far belongs to Christian McKay as the famous director, Orson Welles.

I am really excited about the film because the conflict between Efron's character as an actor in Welles' play and Welles will be epic and in contrast of one another. The fight between a young actor and the pumpous director will be one of the main reasons I'll be along for this trip through the theatre.

The film is directed by Richard Linklater and follows a troupe of actors in 1936 as they present a stage production of Julius Caesar with Welles directing. Welles directed the stage play five years before making Citizen Kane, his most well regarded film. Efron plays a young actor cast in the play, who claims his life is completely changed in a weeklong experience with the production.

Me and Orson Welles has had issues finding distribution and has received good reviews so far but the final verdict on the story of Orson and friends will come when it premieres Nov. 25.

No comments:

TRAILERS